Hello friends, thanks for stopping by RogueCorp.Online. Today we begin a series of daily news articles featuring the latest headline from the gaming community. Console users, PC Gamers, and Mobile game enthusiasts alike may find some interesting news and rumors within this article. If that describes you after reading this article, I’m happy!
Another free PSN game made available to PS Plus Members
This first bit of news is fairly exclusive to PS4 gamers. PlayStation’s Twitter team posted a nifty little gem on us yesterday. It appears the rumor that PS Plus is again apologizing to members for the dull but free, game selection. Yes, while Farming Simulator and City Skylines were free, it happens that they weren’t even worth the minimal asking price to PS Plus Members. We speculated a month ago that the membership’s free games wold include some great titles as had the previous few months. Even our happiness for free games had to be simulated. 😉
This game is actually being featured as a free June title, but is coming to us today -26 May, 2020. Typically these games are made available the first week (normally the 6th or so) of the month they are set to become free. Not the case here as, again, tthis is an obvious apology to PS Plus members.
Call of Duty: WWII will certainly be an upgrade over the May free games. I expect many PlayStation gamer’s will be satisfied with this for the time being. It beats the previous apology of free, limited time FunAmation subscription. (Since a large number of PS Plus Members that are into Anime, are already subscribed to).
Another bit of PlayStation News here. This one from Naughty Dog
The Last of Us is a very popular game title and it’s newest installment is very exciting. PlayStation’s YouTube and Twitch series, “State of Play” will feature a glimpse of new gameplay footage and will be aired this Wednesday, 27 May at 1:00pm PST / 4:00pm EST. No doubt this is in an effort to keep up hype for it’s eventual release.
Are PSN players leaving Elder Scrolls Online too soon? It seems that a few die hard ESO players are sticking around the game as long as they can. Perhaps awaiting news and release information on PS5.
As someone who keeps up with many communities via Discord, Twitter, and other means -I have noticed that a number of mass player exodus’s have occured in the recent ESO history. Is it too soon though? No probably not soon enough in fact. BUT, for those of you clinging to the game, there is still some great things being done. Kyle Demspter Studios appears to be live streaming. Why not hear what the Creative Director Rich Lambert has to say about the State of The Game?
A final bit of news: Games that aren’t dead.
Are you wondering what games you should continue playing which won’t be dying anytime soon? Here’s a quick list:
Top 5 Games to play right now, 26 May 2020
- Call of Duty: Warzone
- Fallout 76
- Predator: Hunting Grounds
- Black Desert Online
1. Call of Duty: Warzone was released this year. The stand alone Battle Royale variant of COD:MW has almost taken over the Battle Royale genre of games. Sure, Fortnite, PUBG, Fallout 76’s Nuclear Zone, Apex, and other such games still have their die hards, but if I had to put my money on one not dying out soon, it would be Warzone.
2. Fallout 76 for a bit of variety. Fallout Universe has a well established fan base. Fallout 76 saw a bit of an player exodus early on (almost immediately following the BETA). Players returned with the release of the Wastelanders update which solved the primary concerns of that developed fan base. Many still fault Bethesda for it’s shaky release, but the player base that remained/ returned is strong as ever.
3. Predator: Hunting Grounds will likely die out before the others in this list, but it will keep a substantial class of casual gamers at least until some time after PS5’s release. This game has a Tom Clancy’s Wildlands meets Friday the 13th feel to it. For me, it’s a good casual play that has a place on my list.
4. Black Desert Online was released on PC over 250,000 years ago and was recently reincarnated on XboxOne and PS4. Since then the game has had a ton of problems, and received numerous hate mail type Reddit reviews. Many players complained, but few left the game entirely. This game will have ups and downs like Elder Scrolls Online did, and probably last just as long. That means at least 5 more years of play for fans.
5. Red Dead Redemption 2 finds a home on this list because it is such a great game. This is the game I bought in case I wanted to play later. This game looked absolutely too good to not at least hold onto. That’s what I did, and it was worth it. Rockstar fans also tend to hang around these games for quite some time as well. The original RDR was featured on PS Now, and many gamers were still playing that PS3/XB360 game until the release of RDR2.
In this article we were able to get in a bit of news from various sources, and even snuck in a Top 5 Games to Play on PS4, right now, May 2020. As always be sure to follow me on social media to stay up to date with what we are playing in the RogueCorp Online Family of Gamers.